Insurance law and legislation are constantly evolving. Our firm strives to stay current with changing trends and recent case laws. Clients rely on our depth of knowledge, and it is our goal to exceed their expectations at every level. We invite you to contact our law offices with any questions you have about your case, or the information presented on this website.
- Blue Shield of California to Pay Los Angeles $2 Million for Bad Faith Claims
- California Assembly Passes Bill to Tackle Health Insurance Fraud
- California Bans Discretionary Clauses in Disability Insurance Policies
- California Wind Damage: Fighting for Fair Property Insurance Benefits
- California’s 9th Circuit Rules Timing Critical for Filing Erisa Claims
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue: Diagnosis Difficult, Benefits Often Denied
- Increased California Blue Cross Rates Lead to Class Action
- Insurers Must Cover Mental Health Treatment Under California Ruling
- Long-Term Care Insurance: Getting People the Benefits They Deserve
- Think You Have Coverage? What Your Policy Really Covers May Surprise You
- Top Ten Worst Insurance Companies in America
- Using the Universal Protocol to Avoid Medical Errors in California
- All News
- Forbes Magazine quotes Michael B. Horrow. Forbes.com, How Much Is Your Foot Worth? by Emily Lambert, June 13, 2011.
- Forbes Magazine quotes disability insurance attorney Michael B. Horrow. Forbes.com, Buy Young, by Emily Lambert, June 27, 2011.
- Advocate, June 2010. Care Provision Language is key in Disability Insurance Policies. By Michael B. Horrow. Does an insured have to undergo surgery in order to receive disability insurance benefits?
- Advocate. Bad-Faith Issues in Disability Insurance Cases. By Michael Horrow.
Verdicts and Settlements
- California Supreme Court Ruling – $4.8 Million verdict obtained by Michael B. Horrow in Cabral v. Ralphs Grocery Company, February 28, 2011. Adelamo Cabral was killed when he lost control of his pickup truck on I-10 and slammed into a big-rig truck illegally parked on the shoulder.
Medical Malpractice and Negligence
- $1.075 Million Settlement With Vascular Surgeon and Hospital In Wrongful Death Case
- $1.85 Million Settlement Against OB/GYN For Infant Brain Injury
- $2.4 Million Settlement For Improper Use Of Vaccum In Infant’s Delivery Causing Brain Bleed And Injury
- $2.68 Million Settlement Against Hospital And Obstetrician For Failure To Deliver Fetus In Distress In Timely Manner
- $2.9 Million Hospital and Obstetrician Negligence Settlement
- $4.5 Million In Medical Malpractice Case For Failure To Diagnose Placental Abruption
- $5 Million Settlement In Brain Injury Case To 6 Month Old Baby Due To Post-Surgery Dehydration
- Medical Malpractice – $3 Million For Post-Anesthesia Error
- Medical Malpractice – Failure to Diagnose Pre-Eclampsia, Obstetrician Error
- Medical Malpractice Settlements – $1 Million For Plastic Surgery Error
- Medical Malpractice Settlements – $2.375 Million For Anesthesiologist Error
- Medical Malpractice Settlements – $3.05 Million For Hospital Negligence
- Medical Malpractice – $2 Million For Failure to Diagnose Hydrocephalus
- Obstetrician Medical Malpractice Settlement For Infant Brain Injury And Cerebral Palsy
- Wrongful Death Due to Hospital Malpractice
- All Verdicts and Settlements