Disability Benefits – $1.8 Million For Unreasonable Termination of Disability Benefits
Los Angeles Insurance Bad Faith Attorneys
Attorney: Michael B. Horrow
Case Summary: An Optical Designer received $1,800,000 after an insurance company unreasonably terminated his claim for disability benefits.
Disability Insurance Claim Case Description
Michael B. Horrow represented an Optical Designer who became totally disabled due to degenerative disease in his back and hips. He had purchased private disability insurance for financial protection if he ever became physically unable to practice his occupation. Due to the severe pain caused by his conditions, he was unable to continue working in his occupation.
With a particular emphasis in disability, life and health insurance litigation, attorney Michael Horrow has fought successfully against the biggest insurance companies and won. Some of the insurance companies he has successfully prevailed against IG, UNUM Provident, MetLife, AETNA, Hartford, F & G Life, CIGNA, Life insurance Company of North America, State Farm, Farmers, Prudential, Trustmark, Paul Revere, UNUM Life, Provident, Mass Mutual and Mass Casualty.
Mr. Horrow has recovered millions of dollars on claims like these:
- Denial of individually purchased disability insurance benefits – including denials of ERISA disability benefits;
- Denial of health insurance benefits including a failure to pay insurance bills AFTER the insurance company has approved a procedure or surgery;
- Denial of life insurance claims;
- Denial of long term care insurance claims;
- Denial or delay of property insurance claims including underpayment of the claim;
- Denial or delay in payment of uninsured motorist claims.