Los Angeles Insurance Bad Faith Attorneys
Attorney: Michael B. Horrow
Case Summary: A self employed Certified Public Accountant received $500,000 after an insurance company wrongfully denied his claim for disability benefits.
Wrongful Denial Of Benefits Case Description
Michael B. Horrow represented a Certified Public Accountant who became totally disabled due to ocular eye pain, eye fatigue, eye spasms, headaches, insomnia, chronic conjunctivitis, and depression. He had purchased private disability insurance for financial protection if he ever became physically unable to practice as a Certified Public Accountant. After paying disability for twelve (12) years, the insurance company wrongly and arbitrarily terminated his claim and stopped paying him benefits.
- More Verdicts and Settlements
- About Insurance Bad Faith
- About Own Occupation Disability Insurance Claims
With a particular emphasis in disability, life and health insurance litigation, attorney Michael Horrow has fought successfully against the biggest insurance companies and won. Some of the insurance companies he has successfully prevailed against IG, UNUM Provident, MetLife, AETNA, Hartford, F & G Life, CIGNA, Life insurance Company of North America, State Farm, Farmers, Prudential, Trustmark, Paul Revere, UNUM Life, Provident, Mass Mutual and Mass Casualty.
Mr. Horrow has recovered millions of dollars on claims like these:
- Denial of individually purchased disability insurance benefits – including denials of ERISA disability benefits;
- Denial of health insurance benefits including a failure to pay insurance bills AFTER the insurance company has approved a procedure or surgery;
- Denial of life insurance claims;
- Denial of long term care insurance claims;
- Denial or delay of property insurance claims including underpayment of the claim;
- Denial or delay in payment of uninsured motorist claims.