Los Angeles Birth Injury Attorney
Attorney: Thomas Donahue
Case Summary: $6,000,000 recovered by a 15 month-old for negligence in labor and delivery.
Birth Injury Case Description
A child received $6,000,000 in a medical malpractice case which involved negligence in labor and delivery. In this case, the hospital’s labor and delivery nurses caring for the child failed to notify any physician of prolonged fetal distress. By the time of the child’s birth, the fetal heart tracing had been non-reassuring for hours. The child was born severely depressed with no tone, was apneic and lifeless. The hospital paid a total of $6,000,000 in settlement prior to trial.
- More Verdicts and Settlements
- FAQs About Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
- Medical Malpractice Birth Injuries and Wrongful Death
About Thomas E. Donahue
Thomas E. Donahue has extensive experience litigating complex medical malpractice cases. His focus over the past 15 years has been in birth related injuries, in which a newborn was injured due to the negligence in the labor, delivery and/or neonatal care.
Mr. Donahue has recovered over a hundred million dollars for children throughout California and has established multi-million dollar Special Needs Trusts for children that have been injured by negligent physicians and hospitals. His clients have consistently received the necessary money to provide them all of the medical care, treatment and services they require throughout their lifetime. These cases have also resulted in the parents recovering substantial damages due to the injuries to their child. Mr. Donahue’s keen focus and interest in this field has resulted in a special knowledge and experience with the legal and medical issues in these cases. He also has a long history of handling complex cases against the top defense firms in the State and, thus, has an unmatched insight into how your case will be defended.
Mr. Donahue has litigated almost every type of medical malpractice case including the following:
- Birth injuries including negligent management of labor, deliver and resuscitation resulting in brain injury to children including failure to recognize fetal distress, negligence in using vacuum and forceps, negligent resuscitation of babies after delivery, failure to treat Pregnancy induced hypertension and pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome;
- Brain injuries due to negligence including failure to diagnose and treat hydrocephalus in adults and children;
- Failure to diagnose and treat cancer;
- Negligent care and treatment in the emergency room department;
- Negligent care and treatment in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit;
- Negligent care and treatment in subacute and rehabilitation units; and
- Negligence in Gastric Bypass Surgery.
Litigating against hospitals, physicians, nurses, and other medical facilities and staff is costly and requires substantial resources, knowledge, and experience. Donahue & Horrow, LLP is committed to litigating cases in an aggressive manner and maximizing the recovery for its clients. All cases are taken on a contingency fee basis, which means we bear the financial risks of pursuing your case — as a client, you pay nothing unless and until we recover for you by way of settlement or verdict.