Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) Disability Insurance Bad Faith Attorneys, Los Angeles
Attorney: Michael B. Horrow
Case Summary: A dentist suffering from bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome received $850,000 after an insurance company wrongfully denied his claim for disability benefits.
Disability Insurance Claim Case Description
Michael B. Horrow represented a dentist who became totally disabled due to bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome suffered after a traumatic fall and repetitive use. He had purchased private disability insurance for financial protection if he ever became physically unable to practice dentistry. As his symptoms progressed, he became unable to perform dental procedures. After his claim was denied, Mr. Horrow took on the case.
- More About Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- More Verdicts and Settlements
- About Insurance Bad Faith
- About Private Disability Insurance Claims
With a particular emphasis in disability, life and health insurance litigation, attorney Michael Horrow has fought successfully against the biggest insurance companies and won. Some of the insurance companies he has successfully prevailed against IG, UNUM Provident, MetLife, AETNA, Hartford, F & G Life, CIGNA, Life insurance Company of North America, State Farm, Farmers, Prudential, Trustmark, Paul Revere, UNUM Life, Provident, Mass Mutual and Mass Casualty.
Mr. Horrow has recovered millions of dollars on claims like these:
- Denial of individually purchased disability insurance benefits – including denials of ERISA disability benefits;
- Denial of health insurance benefits including a failure to pay insurance bills AFTER the insurance company has approved a procedure or surgery;
- Denial of life insurance claims;
- Denial of long term care insurance claims;
- Denial or delay of property insurance claims including underpayment of the claim;
- Denial or delay in payment of uninsured motorist claims.