Los Angeles Disability Insurance Bad Faith Attorneys
Attorney: Michael B. Horrow
Case Summary: A man diagnosed with fibromyalgia received $650,000 after an insurance company wrongfully denied his claim for disability benefits.
Disability Insurance Claim Case Description
Michael B. Horrow represented a Senior Manager who became totally disabled due to Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. He was a participant in an employee benefit plan regulated and governed under ERISA. As his symptoms progressed, he became unable to perform his occupation due to cognitive impairment and weakness. When his claim for long-term disability benefits was denied by the insurance company, Mr. Horrow took on the case.
- More Verdicts and Settlements
- Fibromyalgia Disability Claims and Insurance Bad Faith
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue: Diagnosis Difficult, Benefits Often Denied
- Disability Claims and ERISA vs. Non-ERISA Insurance
- More About Fibromyalgia
With a particular emphasis in disability, life and health insurance litigation, attorney Michael Horrow has fought successfully against the biggest insurance companies and won. Some of the insurance companies he has successfully prevailed against IG, UNUM Provident, MetLife, AETNA, Hartford, F & G Life, CIGNA, Life insurance Company of North America, State Farm, Farmers, Prudential, Trustmark, Paul Revere, UNUM Life, Provident, Mass Mutual and Mass Casualty.
Mr. Horrow has recovered millions of dollars on claims like these:
- Denial of individually purchased disability insurance benefits – including denials of ERISA disability benefits;
- Denial of health insurance benefits including a failure to pay insurance bills AFTER the insurance company has approved a procedure or surgery;
- Denial of life insurance claims;
- Denial of long term care insurance claims;
- Denial or delay of property insurance claims including underpayment of the claim;
- Denial or delay in payment of uninsured motorist claims.