Los Angeles Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Attorney: Thomas E. Donahue
Settlement Amount: $3,000,000
Case Summary: Hospital, Obstetrician and Anesthesiologist settle case for $3,000,000 for causing brain injury to woman by failing to diagnose and treat internal bleeding after c-section delivery.
Medical Malpractice Case Description
A young woman gave birth by c-section and was taken to the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit. Shortly after her arrival in PACU her pulse increased and blood pressure dropped. A blood test confirmed she was bleeding internally. However, the hospital and physicians delayed giving her a blood transfusion and re-operating. She went into shock and suffered cardio pulmonary arrest.
She was resuscitated, but sustained a severe anoxic brain injury (lack of oxygen) and remained in a coma. Plaintiffs experts testified that the delay in giving blood products and re-operating caused her brain injury and that the horrific outcome was preventable. The case was settled prior to trial for $3,000,0000.
- More Verdicts and Settlements
- FAQs About Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
- Physician And Hospital Malpractice
About Thomas E. Donahue
Thomas E. Donahue is the managing partner of the Medical Malpractice, Elder Abuse and Personal Injury Department of Donahue & Horrow, LLP. He represents injured patients and their families who have been injured, abused, neglected or died as a result of negligence by physicians, hospitals, nursing homes and other health care providers.
Mr. Donahue has recovered more than one hundred million dollars for his clients that have been injured or died as a result of medical negligence and elder abuse.
Mr. Donahue has litigated almost every type of medical malpractice case including the following:
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries due to negligence including failure to diagnose and treat hydrocephalus in adults and children;
- Failure to diagnose and treat cancer;
- Emergency Room Malpractice;
- Kaiser Malpractice (HMO);
- Kaiser Medical Facility Malpractice Involving Wrongful Death;
- Misdiagnosis of Cancer (particularly lung, breast, colon, prostate or skin cancer) and other serious medical conditions;
- Nursing Home Neglect and Elder Abuse; and
- Physician and Hospital Negligence, including medication error and failure to monitor; and
- Negligence in Gastric Bypass Surgery.
Litigating against hospitals, physicians, nurses, and other medical facilities and staff is costly and requires substantial resources, knowledge, and experience. Donahue & Horrow, LLP is committed to litigating cases in an aggressive manner and maximizing the recovery for its clients. All cases are taken on a contingency fee basis, which means we bear the financial risks of pursuing your case — as a client, you pay nothing unless and until we recover for you by way of settlement or verdict.