$1.9 Million In Settlement To OB/GYN For Wrongfully Denied Disability Insurance Claim
Los Angeles Disability Insurance Bad Faith Attorneys
Attorney: Michael B. Horrow
Case Summary: OB/GYN received $1,900,000 after an insurance company unreasonably denied her claim after paying benefits on a private disability policy for three years.
Disability Insurance Claim Case Description
Michael B. Horrow represented an obstetrician/gynecologist (“OB/GYN”) who became totally disabled due to injuries caused by a traumatic bike accident. She had purchased private disability insurance for financial protection if she ever became physically unable to practice as an OB/GYN. After undergoing multiple surgeries, her symptoms continued to worsen and she was unable to safely care for her patients. After the insured’s claim was denied, Mr. Horrow took on the case.
With a particular emphasis in disability, life and health insurance litigation, attorney Michael Horrow has fought successfully against the biggest insurance companies and won. Some of the insurance companies he has successfully prevailed against IG, UNUM Provident, MetLife, AETNA, Hartford, F & G Life, CIGNA, Life insurance Company of North America, State Farm, Farmers, Prudential, Trustmark, Paul Revere, UNUM Life, Provident, Mass Mutual and Mass Casualty.
Mr. Horrow has recovered millions of dollars on claims like these:
- Denial of individually purchased disability insurance benefits – including denials of ERISA disability benefits;
- Denial of health insurance benefits including a failure to pay insurance bills AFTER the insurance company has approved a procedure or surgery;
- Denial of life insurance claims;
- Denial of long term care insurance claims;
- Denial or delay of property insurance claims including underpayment of the claim;
- Denial or delay in payment of uninsured motorist claims.