Los Angeles Long-Term Disability Insurance Bad Faith Attorneys
Attorney: Michael B. Horrow
Case: Sullivan v. Prudential Ins. Co. of America (E.D. Cal. 2013) 2013 WL 1281861
Michael Horrow won ERISA long term disability insurance benefits for a woman with a brain tumor. Plaintiff, 43 years old at the time of the claim, was a senior loan officer who suffered a catastrophic disability when she was diagnosed with a left sphenoid wing meningioma causing dizzy spells, fatigue, headaches and vision problems. Prudential never paid a dime on her disability claim and denied her benefits during the own occupation disability period of the policy.
- Download Decision for Sullivan v. Prudential Ins. Co. of America (PDF)
- More Verdicts and Settlements
- Disability Claims and ERISA vs. Non-ERISA Insurance
About Michael B. Horrow
With a particular emphasis in disability, life and health insurance litigation, attorney Michael Horrow has fought successfully against the biggest insurance companies and won. Some of the insurance companies he has successfully prevailed against IG, UNUM Provident, MetLife, AETNA, Hartford, F & G Life, CIGNA, Life insurance Company of North America, State Farm, Farmers, Prudential, Trustmark, Paul Revere, UNUM Life, Provident, Mass Mutual and Mass Casualty.
Mr. Horrow has recovered millions of dollars on claims like these:
- Denial of individually purchased disability insurance benefits – including denials of ERISA disability benefits;
- Denial of health insurance benefits including a failure to pay insurance bills AFTER the insurance company has approved a procedure or surgery;
- Denial of life insurance claims;
- Denial of long term care insurance claims;
- Denial or delay of property insurance claims including underpayment of the claim;
- Denial or delay in payment of uninsured motorist claims.