Los Angeles Insurance Bad Faith Attorneys
Attorney: Michael B. Horrow
Case: Welle v. Provident Life & Accident Ins. Co. (N. D. Cal. 2013)
An OB/GYN retained Michael Horrow to represent her in an insurance bad-faith lawsuit in federal court to challenge Provident’s denial of her claim for long-term disability benefits. As part of her bad-faith claim, Mr. Horrow served a discovery request on Provident asking it to provide information about the bonus awards and performance ratings for the employees who denied Welle’s claim. The insurer refused to provide this information, claiming that the request was improper for various reasons. Mr. Horrow challenged this position and the federal court ruled that Provident was obligated to provide the information he had requested, which the court found was relevant to the bad-faith claim and not unduly burdensome or overbroad.
- Download Discovery Order for Welle v. Provident Life & Accident Ins. Co. (PDF)
- More Verdicts and Settlements
About Michael B. Horrow
With a particular emphasis in disability, life and health insurance litigation, attorney Michael Horrow has fought successfully against the biggest insurance companies and won. Some of the insurance companies he has successfully prevailed against IG, UNUM Provident, MetLife, AETNA, Hartford, F & G Life, CIGNA, Life insurance Company of North America, State Farm, Farmers, Prudential, Trustmark, Paul Revere, UNUM Life, Provident, Mass Mutual and Mass Casualty.
Mr. Horrow has recovered millions of dollars on claims like these:
- Denial of individually purchased disability insurance benefits – including denials of ERISA disability benefits;
- Denial of health insurance benefits including a failure to pay insurance bills AFTER the insurance company has approved a procedure or surgery;
- Denial of life insurance claims;
- Denial of long term care insurance claims;
- Denial or delay of property insurance claims including underpayment of the claim;
- Denial or delay in payment of uninsured motorist claims.